Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sweet sweet silence in Salzburg

This may just be the 3.5 hours of sleep talking, but I am going to marry Salzburg. I would be happy to just live in the café I'm sitting in right now. It has delicious food and an excellent demonstration of how to use disco balls as subtle decoration. That's right. Subtle disco balls. That's all I really ask of life--unassuming sparkles and lights.

Also, the streets. So empty. You can walk down a sidewalk and not run the risk of accidentally* punching another tourist in the face or kicking a dog or stepping on a replica of the Mona Lisa or being accosted by anyone hawking opera pamphlets in powdered wigs and 18th century ballroom dress. I'd be impressed by that even if I didn't have this great lack-of-sleep high going on. If I don't sleep soon the silence may take on a Shining-esque quality, admittedly, but for now, I'll enjoy the silence. And maybe try to pretend I didn't just find out the von Trapps actually existed and The Sound of Music is a real life event. MIND BLOWN. How did I manage to miss that one? I'm surrounded by SofM fans. I've been to weddings where they replace the toasts with special Sound of Music medley sing-alongs. No one ever told me it was based on real events! So there's my embarrassing admission of the day.


*"accidentally"

No comments:

Post a Comment