Saturday, June 8, 2013

Paris when it sizzles

60% humidity and 28 dégrées. I was not made for this sort of weather. But we ran into a bunch of Australians on the street the other day who weren't made for this place either. They had on jackets over sweaters over tshirts with toques on. We were in sun dresses. The one with the most layers asked us if we weren't cold and then reminded himself we were Canadian...i suppose they don't come from the three dog night region.

Visited Shakespeare and Company, which may have been a great place for the lost generation to hang out but nowadays spending more than 30 minutes in this pit of awestruck tourists would be a bit hard on the brain. Its a pretty fantastic bookstore, if course. I immediately began dreaming of winning the lottery so I can open a bookstore like that, since clearly the world needs more of those.

I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to give wardrobe advice to our new Brazilian roommate who has made me realize just how little conversational Spanish I have. Why she's asking outfit advice from a Canadian girl wearing pajamas at 8pm with white wine splashes on her glasses is beyond me (tip: do not walk around while drinking anything in a 10*10 room filled with bunkbeds. Results are...inevitable...), but it was a bonding experience.

1 comment: