Friday, February 18, 2011

The Sickness Roll-Over Minutes Plan

Sometimes I wish I could just have all my colds in one year and get it over with. Think of it. I could just set aside a year, quit my job, quit university, and barricade myself in my bedroom, buying Halls Candies off the internet in bulk. None of this silly "let's schedule you to be sick over each and every school holiday you get" business. While I can appreciate my body's decision to save my sick-hours for when I have some time on my hands...well, I have time on my hands! This cold is getting in the way of an entire week of productivity.

Think of Christmas Break. I had allowed myself a week of worry-free festivities and was just settling down to several days of school reading and project preparations when BAM my head filled up with yellow mucus and I found myself unable to understand concepts as simple as Jason Statham action films (the premise of each is: he is British. he is bald. he has a gun. he used to be a Levi's jeans model. also, someone wants to kill him.)

Think of Reading Week. I had 156 hours of projects, adventures, and food I was going to fit into those 120 hours of break. Now what will I be doing? I will be sleeping. And trying to write about Gertrude Stein while swimming in my own lung fluid.

Well, this time I absolutely refuse. I finished my last class this afternoon and now it is vacation and I know exactly what I'm going on vacation from: this damned flu. And so, as my triple action Halls candy wrapper says, "keep your chin up...let's hear your battle cry". Whatever that means.


...whew. Well, writing all that really wore me out. Back to bed it is.

3 comments:

  1. It's kind of the opposite of grades 5-7, when you would be sick during the week and well on the weekends. You should try to go back to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, my verification word was 'facial' so maybe that's a sign that
    a) we should go get facials
    b) a facial would somehow help rid you of your illness
    Although getting a facial when you have a cold sounds kind of like the worst thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you have something to write about again!

    ReplyDelete