Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm a star!

Not actually. But I got accepted as a presenter at the 2nd Annual Trash Talkin' Pop Culture Conference at the University of Regina. I can't say I've been to more than 2 conferences in my life and now I'm presenting at one! In my mind's eye, the place will be filled with genius literati and people with really good publishing connections who will be absolutely dazzled by my 'presentation': a 20-minute story about a girl who thinks the creature in her wall is trying to kill her. I will actually talk to these people (instead of sitting and staring at my program, which is my preferred public places strategy). We will all go out to that one bar I went to with Serena and drink martinis the colour of the Carribean Sea. Then we will be fast friends, and will all become literary legends together. In this dream, I also have a very keen fashion sense and lots of high-heeled shoes, though. In reality...well I have no idea what the conference will be like. I have a feeling there will be lasagna.

2 comments:

  1. You should talk to Brietta in our Stein class. She has presented at that conference. Should be a good time, congrats! I have never been to nor presented at a conference, so I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that is very good to know. I'll try to remember to talk to her next class.

    ReplyDelete