Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm alive, but my cellphone doesn't work...so is it a good day or not?

When I'm feeling negative, I like to set up a list of pros and cons of the week to help me realize that my life probably isn't so bad. Actually, this is a lie. I don't do pro-and-con lists unless I'm strapped for things to blog about, so this list is for all you lovely viewers. Hope it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.



Things that are awesome this week:
1) As far as I know, none of the street gangs in my neighbourhood read my blog post about their drug war and ordered a hit on me for belittling their attempts to make the area as violent as possible
2) It's cold outside, which means clearly Global Warming (which was a real threat and proof the world was going to end last week) no longer exists. Whew.
3) now that the Studying Crisis is over, I can pretend the English Students Common Room is my own personal office again
4) I have a really nice office.

Things that are not awesome this week:
1) Point 1 on the "things that are awesome" list means my blog hasn't reached the level of notoriety I have always hoped and dreamed it would. My motto has always been, "You haven't succeeded until you know someone wants to kill you".
2) I attend classes in a lead-lined box, which would be great if a nuclear war were imminent but is not great when you're trying to have a professional cellphone conversation that consists of anything other than the phrases "...what?" "....mmm..." and "...sorry, you're breaking up. I'll try a different floor."
3) I managed to spend more money on cups of coffee than on anything else this week.
4) Now that the weather is cold and wet and icy and snowy, there has been some tension between my new thrift store boots (the pride and joy of my winter collection) and the zippers that keep said boots on my feet. If only having knee-high unzipped boots flapping around your ankles in January was the new fashion.



*and I was pretty concerned about that.

1 comment:

  1. One of my former co-workers solved the bad-zipper issue on her beloved boots by adding a piece of elastic around them. So, that's one way your life could be better right there. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete