Monday, September 3, 2012

I'm not dead yet! (more on that to follow)

It stands to reason that as soon as I commit to blogging on a weekly basis I'll disappear from the blogosphere for 2 1/2 months with no explanation or hint as to when I will return.

Where have I been, you ask? Having a grand adventure, you hope? But of course! The grand adventure began when I suddenly found myself in possession of a lease on an apartment, right after committing myself to being a deadbeat basement-dweller in my parents' house indefinitely. Oh, life.


The adventure continued as I moved my few belongings into said apartment, made friends with the neighbourhood raccoons, discovered easy access to the roof that I'm probably not ever supposed to go on, discovered easy access to one of the only little bits of wilderness the city has to offer (which I clearly AM allowed to go into, since the 14-foot security fence has a hole cut in it which I can fit through perfectly...when I crouch...), built furniture out of old san pellegrino bottles, nearly bought a goldfish to numb the loneliness, got my ears pierced instead, and filled the cat-shaped hole in my heart with seven spider plants that do not love me. I also became single during these weeks of Adventure Time, and spent several long days trying to figure out what to do with an unwanted pound of raw turkey bacon, but that's another story for another time.

Luckily for all interested parties, I am now reverting back to my original reason for having a blog, which is not actually to regale readers with the thrilling stories of my transitions from one crazy random happenstance to another, but in fact to supply my mother with proof that I am not yet dead in a gutter somewhere. This was the main goal of my Halifax blog, and will now be the main goal in this one.

And so, for those who are concerned: I'm not dead yet! (more on that to follow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment