Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wow. There's really nothing going on in my life right now.

I got my hand stuck in the fridge today. Not in the fridge door, not in some terrifying and trap-like contraption inside the fridge, not behind the fridge or under the fridge or in the inner workings of the fridge, but inside the large, airy compartment of the Fridge Proper.

I had been in my bedroom, procrastinating busily and getting paint all over the bedclothes, when I suddenly became desperately, ravenously hungry. I had to make myself some dinner immediately, and so I went downstairs.

My only excuse, then, is that I must have been so faint with hunger that all of my capacity for logical thought was momentarily eclipsed by my need for sustenance. I had already prepared myself a tasty meal of starches and was replacing the large tupperware container of rice back in the fridge when I noticed that right behind the rice was a container of strawberry yogurt. My food was in the microwave and would take at least another 40 seconds to heat up, and I decided I couldn’t wait that long. Reaching over the container of rice, which was now firmly inside the fridge, I grabbed the yogurt and attempted to quickly whisk it out over the rice container’s lid.

Unfortunately, I had overestimated the amount of space available for yogurt container whisking. My yogurt-filled hand was suddenly wedged between the rice container and the light installed on the fridge’s ceiling. I panicked. There were at least 27 more seconds left on the microwave; I couldn’t relinquish my yogurt. More importantly, I actually couldn’t let go of the yogurt; my knuckles were compressed in such a way that I was unable to move my hand. I was going to be stuck there in the kitchen, one hand holding a yogurt container I could not access and the other hand a good two feet away from the microwave that held my dinner. It was maddening. I tried the age-old technique of pulling harder on my trapped hand, but to no avail. The microwave was about to beep and I suddenly was incapable of reaching it! I wrenched still harder at my imprisoned hand. Suddenlymy hand was free!

I spent the next 10 minutes eating yogurt off of various things in the fridge.

3 comments:

  1. Yum. Fridge-y yogurt.
    Also, what happened to your ads? You're still on my round of blogs to support by clicking on ads, but there are no ads. So instead I've been re-reading your crazy Stein prof quotes every day, and it almost makes me want to go back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adsense investigated where my ad-clicks were coming from and thought something was fishy, so I'm not actually collecting anything from them. Ergo, I took the ads down. I might eventually find some ads that display merchandise/services that people might actually want to click on, but in the meantime Coffee Tuesdays is actually Coffee-less Tuesdays. Or maybe Freeloading Coffee Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, Schnitzer is doing a Creative Writing workshop at the WAG some Saturday of this month, if you want the Schnitzer experience without the $600 in school fees.

    ReplyDelete