Monday, December 3, 2012

Oh look, my cousin is ruining my life again

Today I discovered the Other Amy (my arch nemesis) used to operate under the email address I am using now. I've started getting emails from people asking how it is in Toronto and trying to track down old friends from the days when she was young and less capable of muscling me out of everything that is mine by right (example: a gym membership with the correct birth date and an ID photo that actually has my face in it, and a Google search that doesn't result in photos of a thong-clad stripper cuddling up to a one-eyed gunslinger. I liked her better as a red-head anyway). Just when I thought we'd put an end to this game. I should just give up and start impersonating her. We both seem to have a knack for attracting zombies, after all, so I'm already half way there.

Meanwhile, in the less glamorous life of the Antihero Amy...

I didn't star in any B-movies, Nicholas Cage did not come to my non-existant movie premier, and no one tried to convince me I have the body to be Hot Girl of the Month for some magazine somewhere. I did, however, buy an iron last week, only to discover that I already have an iron, but I liked the second one better, so now I have 2 irons. So that's something.

In addition to this, due to a series of bizarre events* I had a conversation with an out-of-work-actor who convinced me not to move to Calgary. Maybe. To be fair, he's a shelf-stocker at a grocery store who just came back from a 14-year foray into Toronto's film and stage circuit because his wife got deported and that took the fun out of life for him, so I guess you could argue he might not be in the right head space to be advising complete strangers on life-changing decisions, but his observations seemed sound**.

What an exciting November that turned out to be.


*Bizarre event: Turns out Friday is the day everyone in my building decides to do their laundry, so I was trapped down there in the laundry line and had to make smalltalk***. Bizarre event indeed.
**Main observation: moving is expensive and Calgary isn't that great. What do Winnipeggers have against Calgary, anyway?
***Laundry room smalltalk topics now include failed marriages and vague plans to run away from home. We also discussed the weather. Naturally.

2 comments:

  1. Born on the premise that style shouldn't have to be sacrificed for price, White Bridal redefines the concept of the consignment experience. At White Bridal we provide stunning designer gowns at affordable prices, while offering newlyweds the opportunity to consign their gowns and recoup some of their wedding costs. Or you can visit our website www.whitebridalboutique.com/index.php

    ReplyDelete