Thursday, October 14, 2010

daily dose of irony

in Ecocriticism, discussing Al Gore's erroneous insistence that 100% of ecologists are in agreement about the global warming crisis:

female student*: "I mean, it's not like we need to have irrefutable proof that the world is going to end to convince us to start worrying about how our habits are detrimental to the environment. Just because I don't know for sure that putting a whole bunch of chemicals in my hair is going to destroy the earth, doesn't mean I'll assume there's no point in buying organic hair products or something." flips turquoise hair over her shoulder. "he's got to give us some credit."

thus spake the girl who loaded herself up with blue hair dye again this weekend. It was only after I had left the classroom that I realized my hypocrisy. No, apparently he doesn't have to give me credit.


*a.k.a the author of this post, a.k.a me.

No comments:

Post a Comment